Jamil Mungul
Graveyard Environment
When started making the group 2D game I was task to create
the graveyard so made a mood board on it. I looked for images that gives that haunted
feel to viewers.
Then I wanted to look for a style that looks realistic and I
could use in my art work so as a team we decided to use concepts on the called
Agent Alice for our mood board.
Sketches/ speed painting
I did two
sketches of the Graveyard and got my team around and they was pleased to
pick the Right image. With that I speed paint my just see how it will look like
at the bare in this is not the finish piece.
Starting the main art work
I found out to get the realistic look fast in my work, I had
to use the photo-bashing skill here are
images I used. In order complete my finish piece.
Final Graveyard
Making the Main Menu
When making
the main menu I first talked to my team mates and discussed on what put on it ,
I give the idea of there a table full of object that are in typical mystery
game so we went for globe, books, candle, knife and map and here is what we
came with.
When we got
feather making the game the theme changed in to blue so made background blue
and added the map of the game in the menu as well.
Map
I only
showed images to the first case that’s the only one the user can play in our
demo.
The blue version with map
Midnight the Cat
We made this character, to help the
player if they got stuck in the game, as a team we wanted something cute but
still fix in the in the Environment
of the game so we went for a black cat.
Starting to Create Midnight
Using Photoshop started make the cat, I wanted it too
look cool and cute so I added a nice scarf and big eyes I was thinking of
leaving the nose and whiskers of to make it even cute but the team said put it
on. After making Midnight I had to draw the animation so when the player hovers
on him it will wave asking if the user wants a clue.
Finish
and eye animation
I added a nice wooded boarder to make it more nice and
prosecutable look to finish I put in the eye animation.
Coding 1: Music
The code i had made was for the gate in the mansion scene. When the player was to click on the gold gate located to the left of the mansion, it would glow to indicate it could be pressed, my task was to code when the gate was clicked on by the mouse then the graveyard scene would load.
Coding 2,3: Handle Canvas
The handle canvas code was to ensure that everything in the canvas had stayed in its place, such as all objects, this was to keep our game organised.
Conclusion
In the end I
enjoyed making my first 2D university game as a team, everything went smooth in
progress and everyone talked to each other if they needed help within coding or
concept art. When we did our prototype everyone produce more work than expected
I was shocked with my team’s preformats. There is nothing I would change in the
team because what we did was respectable.
















No comments:
Post a Comment